Sunday, April 2, 2017

Finally getting back to the horses-it's been awhile

Okay, I admit it-it has been a tremendous dry spell and if you had asked if I would have every taken so long to get back into the saddle, I would have told you that you were crazy. However, depression is a funny thing-and losing five horses inside of one year-three of which I raised from foals-just takes the pleasure right out of it. I mean there's just nothing there. 

Plus-my husband wanted me to sell my trailer-and that just didn't sit well with me. I balked-even though I did place the ads. Now things have worked around that he sees things the way I did originally-that we need to dump the big truck and big stock trailer instead and get a smaller utility trailer that the Frontier can pull. I'll still have to repair the Brenderup's ramp, but I will get to keep it. This works. Life is looking up. 

So now I can clean the saddles, dust off the bridles, and start thinking about getting my butt back into the saddles again. My mood is going back to the positive-back in control. I might be older, crankier, and not as easy to get off the ground as before, but at least I'm going again. 

Besides-I'd much rather leave this world while out with the horses than sitting inside wishing I had been. Here's to horse sweat, bruises, and being tired! 

No comments: