Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One of Life's Ironies Bit me in the Ass--Again!

Every since my Tarpan stallion died, I've been mourning the loss of my tarpans......just didn't seem right not having one out in the pasture. Dad's been gone since January, 2006--he had lost interest in fussing with the geldings, chasing his "wimmen", and even eating was getting difficult for him. (I'd had the dentist do what he could for the old man, but poor care in his youth and the loss of a couple of molars due to some kicks had made his mouth a nightmare.) Dad and I were soulmates, too--so losing him was really painful.

Then yesterday, I was getting out of the shower when the phone rang--and a man wanted to "give" me a horse--not just any horse--a TARPAN! I need another horse like I need another leg, but, hell, yes, I went and picked up that beast-and beast he is. He is young and feisty--maybe 7-8 years old, gelded, but I suspect a cryptorchid, and no apparent training--his manners are atrocious. What mystifies me is that this man had purchased him as a mount for his little girl. This boy had been terrorizing the other geldings in the pasture for some time--not exactly what a child's mount should be doing. Quiet and gentle--not hardly.

But I'm delighted--I love assholes. Nikolai and I are going to be great friends. Oh, and yesterday was my birthday!

No comments: